Monday, May 28, 2012

Bama Flea Mall

Bama Flea Mall is probably my favourite flea mall.  It's housed in an old Walmart building, so is HUGE, plus there are no painted, distressed, stenciled pieces of furniture (I'm all for DIYing some old crappy furniture, I just don't want to pay for someone else's efforts).  Bama Flea Mall is other peoples old junk.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if you have the patience to rummage through the toot, there are some legitimate antiques.

But its mainly toot. 

And that's usually what I'm looking for :-)

This weekend was packed with shoppers.  Clearly the combination of a 3 day weekend and baking hot weather had everyone in the mood for a bargain.  And I wasn't disappointed. 

This is my loot:




And all this for $27!  My best bargains were the chip and dip tray, originally $4, but that booth was having a 25% off sale, so $3.  And the candle stick (front right) is solid marble, weighs a tonne, and was $1.

No idea what I'm going to do with half of it yet, I'm sure I'll find a home for everything eventually :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment