Monday, September 24, 2012

A Look at the Nook

First up, Ikea trip was a huge success.  I'm currently fighting with some flat pack furniture.  Updates to follow, if I don't get lost in a sea of allen keys first!

More importantly, a look at the nook!

This is how it looked when we viewed the house.  Hmmm, floral wallpaper, pelmet, chandelier.

 
And this is how it looks now.
 
 
A much cleaner look, with a big old mixture of old and new.  The chairs were a vintage Craigslist find and the table is from JCPenney.
 
 
The thrift store bread print looks a million times better in its new frame.
 
 
 
The view from the hallway.
 
 
We still need to add new window treatments in place of the old plastic blinds.  I'm having complete analysis paralysis when trying to pick the fabric.  I feel like it needs to be a print.  Or maybe a solid.  Or textured.  What about a burlap?  Oh good grief!
 
New here, thanks for stopping by. You can stay connected with me through Bloglovin:
Follow on Bloglovin
Google Friend Connect (check bottom right in the side bar)
Or see my likes and loves on Pinterest
Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment