Monday, April 15, 2013

Mini Makeover

This weekend I finally tackled a loooong overdue mini makeover.  By long, I mean I've had this sad little plant stand on the to do list for 2 years.  Yes, 2 YEARS!  I bought this on my very first trip out to Bama Flea Mall for a cheaper than cheap $5.


The minute I got home, I sanded it down ready to be painted.  And that's how it has stayed.  It even made the move from our last apartment to our first home - I refused to give up on my little project.


I'm trying hard to use up the paint and craft supplies I already have.  I hunted around in the garage and found a tester from when we were deciding on the living room wall colour.  It's just one shade lighter than the colour we finally settled on (Behr, Opal Silk).


I gave the plant stand a quick 2 coats.  I wanted to add a little detail, so used a gold paint pen to mark a single chevron.


I'm contemplating turning it into a little table - maybe with a frosted glass top?  Maybe!

Kate
xxx



Lil\'Luna
 
 
The 36th AVENUE
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I really like the touch of gold. And your I think your small end table idea would work great too. I have had a desk on my to do list for almost 2 years... you're definitely not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The touch of gold really makes the candlestick look wonderful! Brilliant work :) x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete