Monday, April 1, 2013

Sucker for Succulents

I'm ashamed to say we have absolutely no plants in our house.  Mainly because I'm a crazed plant killer.  Clearly if we were going to add plants, it needed to be something hardy that wouldn't shrivel up and die a day after I forget to water it (which I inevitably will). 

So this weekend I hot footed it to Lowes to jump on the succulent bandwagon.  I picked up 3 for $4 each.  I already had 3 little red buckets from the Target dollar section.  Our window sills are irritatingly narrow so they weren't going to fit there.  Instead, I decided to try and hang them.  Luckily I found a measuring cup hook at a local flea mall that worked perfectly.


There were lots to chose from.  Ultimately, I went for the ones that looked the weirdest.


I love the strange shapes.


If I was going to name this one it would be "the claw" - I'm sure it's actually called something like the "succulentomiticus clawstotensis".


They hang in our kitchen, right below our red retro clock.


I love the mixture of old wooden hook and crisp red buckets.


Fingers crossed I can keep these sweet little plants alive!


Kate
xxx



Keeping It Simple
 
Home Stories A2Z
 
Lil\'Luna
 

 

 
The 36th AVENUE

8 comments:

  1. I love the little red hanging pots. Very cheerful! We have a red accented Kitchen and Family Room-- where'd you get that great kitchen clock?

    ~Emily
    A Tossed Salad Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily - I love red in the kitchen. The clock was from Target a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  2. I love the little pots. I have been able to keep some plants alive, it only took me most of my life to be able to do that, aloe is about the only succulent I can keep, I kill the rest of them. I do best with ivy and ferns but spider plants are very forgiving as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, thanks for the tip - if I can keep this little trio alive I hope to bring some different plants inside too.

      Delete
  3. I bought some succulents from Lowes last weekend. They had an amazing collection. Lol on the name you gave your plant!
    Great flea market find too. It all comes together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these -- so cute!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! i stink at keeping plants alive, and now i have an irritating kitten who is out to destoy any plant progress i have made. good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete