Thursday, April 18, 2013

Moody Blues

I mentioned in this post that I was keen to add a gallery wall to our teeny tiny half bath.  I wanted to break up the navy and also add something fun to look at.


I collected lots of different pieces to hang, but they were all really random sizes - not a standard 8x10 among them.  I have also amassed a pretty good collection of white frames in my "quick, buy it while its cheap" phase.  None of the prints fit exactly with the frames or mats I already had, so I decided to do away with the glass altogether and just attach the pics directly to the wall.

I picked up some washi tape from Michaels and got to sticking.


I've also added a few nick nacks to our little wall cabinet.

 
This was a card from Melanie Kimmett's Etsy shop

 
The Hatch Show print was a freebie from a music festival in Nashville.

 

I do eventually plan on adding custom mats to each of the prints, but the cost can quickly add up, so in the name of all things cheap and cheerful we'll be sticking (pun intended) with the tape for now.

Kate
xxx
 




The Inspiration Gallery Link Party
 

 
DIY Show Off
 
I Heart Nap Time
 
By Stephanie Lynn
 
Home Stories A2Z

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Great idea for dealing with non-standard sizes :)

    ReplyDelete