Sunday, August 26, 2012

Starburst - on the cheap

Pinterest to the rescue! 

I've been searching for a starburst mirror for above the sofa in the living room.  Those things are expensive!!  Even at my old favourite Homegoods they are at least $70 each.

So when I spied a diy starburst pin, I following the link and found the answer at JandJ Home.

I made a quick trip to Home Depot for the shims, and Michaels for the circular flower arranging bases.

I laid the shims out to get a rough idea of how I wanted the final product to look.

 
Then glued and glued and glued some more (and squashed it with some heavy books overnight).
 
 
The mirror was a bargain buy from Hobby Lobby.  I originally bought a 12" mirror, but it looked too big, so I went for the 10"

 
And here is my diy startburst mirror, made for under $15.  Bargain!  Thank you Pinterest!
 
 
 
 
 
Kate
xxx
 
Find more crafty ideas HERE
 


 
Linking Back to twelveOeight
 



Too Much Time On My Hands

1 comment:

  1. Kate your mirror is gorgeous! I love that you left the wood natural too instead of painting it, love it :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete