Friday, March 1, 2013

Magnetic

Some of you (ok, one person) asked what I was going to do with the rest of the dollar store magnetic sheet (check out the first project HERE).  Good point, what was I going to do with it?!


I racked my brain for a creative way to use the magnetic sheet, and came up with a groundbreaking idea.  I would make magnets, ha!  Sometimes the most obvious ideas are the best.  I picked up these little wooden squares from Hobby Lobby for a couple of dollars.


I decided to tape each of the squares at a variety of different angles and paint them with some paint leftover from a couple of other projects.  I love using the retro egg cups for small paint projects.  You can put the water in the egg bit and the paint around the outside.  It reminds me so much of craft time when I was little.


Then is was just a matter of decided which colours to use.


I like the nautical/flag like way they turned out.


Now I need to decide what to do with the rest of the little wooden squares.  Help!  I'm caught in a vicious cycle of leftover craft crap!

 Kate
xxx
 

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous. I have any little ones around, kids are great for showing me new ideas for things I have no idea what to do.

    ReplyDelete