Friday, March 22, 2013

Making Plans

Happy Friday!  I hope you've all had a great week.  I've been busy laying the groundwork for a couple of bigger projects (bigger for me anyway) around here.  I've also caught the organizing bug in a big way (I can almost hear my mum gasp from the other side of the pond, ha!).  The yard sale was the catalyst in getting this place in some kind of order.  If we haven't used/worn/needed it since we moved in (nearly 12 months ago) it's out (said in your best Heidi, Project Runway voice).  Purge, purge and purge some more.

It's a little overwhelming to tackle the whole house at once, so I'm trying to do one space at a time.  First up is our sad little pantry.  I'm thinking stencils and plenty of shelving and some flexible storage options, and maybe a counter top?  Wish me luck!


In blog news, I made a BIG investment this weekend.  A new camera!  Up till now, all my photos have been taken with my little point and shoot Cypershot, and it's been great.  But I look at blogs like The Lettered Cottage and Yellow Brick Home and swoon at their amazing photos.  Of course, it helps that they have amazing things to take amazing photos of.  And I know having a good camera doesn't make a good photographer (cue lots of Googling), but I'm really excited to get out and about and try to improve.



I can already see the difference in picture quality just wandering around the house taking snaps of random stuff.  Of course first up was Murph, who looks thrilled at the prospect of having his picture taken.

 
This painting by numbers is my latest flea market find:
 
 
 Along with this faux old calendar:


So look out for some, hopefully, improved pics.  Have a fantastic weekend whatever you have planned.

Kate
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow tackling a whole house would have been too much for me as well all at once. I started by tackling small areas when I began. The bookshelf, then the bedroom closet, then one kitchen cabinet at a time and so on.

    I love the faux calendar too bad it isn't a full functioning one I would want it too. I do love your latest paint by number.

    Good luck with the pantry, it's those little spots we can hide that I always get to last.

    ReplyDelete